Friday, October 9, 2009

Lia's 4 month stats



I took Lia to the dr. yesterday and this is what happened. my apt. was for 10:15am, so we got there around 10:05. It was busy when i walked in and asked if the dr. was running behind, (which they always are), to which she replied, "he is now." I wasn't quite sure how to take that. This receptionist has been rude to me in the past, so my guess would be that she meant it in some rude way.

We went to sit down and after about 25 minutes Bryce started to get cranky. He wanted a sucker and cried for the next 20 minutes. I tried to calm him, but he was having one of those days. You know what I mean. The rude receptionist tried to calm him by saying that he would get one if he was good when we went to the back. I played along, but he continued to cry. After about 5 min. she came back out and just looked really annoyed with us. I just starred her down and smiled. It was the "witchy" (with a B) type smile that said, "yes he's crying and no i'm not going to stop him b/c we've now been waiting for an HOUR!!!"

I was annoyed beyond reason at that point. We finally get back there and i'm trying to hurry it along b/c Kaylee is going to be late for school and we haven't finished her homework yet. I guess it was just one of those days.

Lia did really well with her shots. Cried a little, but not too bad. She's getting tall and skinny like her siblings. No shocker there:)

height 24 1/2 in. (75%)
weight 12lbs. .5 oz (25%)



Kaylee had school pictures the other day, so she decided she wanted curly hair. I rolled her hair in those sponge rollers and it turned out good. I reminded me so much when I was a kid and my mom would roll me and my sisters hair. We also used socks. I don't know if anyone else remembers that, but I do:)

6 comments:

Anna said...

I seriously would change dr. offices. I did that when Mikelle was a baby, we went to pedatric care but it was so slow and the wait was so long we just switched peds, I couldn't handle it. My OB receptionist was so rude too about insurance stuff, turns out I was right, such a good feeling. :) Kaylee looks like a doll!!

Lacey.costner said...

I can't believe how rude the receptionist was to you!! I think they should make a rule that only mothers can work in peds offices, because we got it, we know what it's like!!

Karen said...

I remember the socks! You are such a cute mom. I can't believe Lia is 4 months!! I need some baby time soon. I will be calling you!!

Hulberts said...

That receptionist must not have kids because any real mother would have been more understanding.

Mel said...

She's so cute! I love the stuff you're making Vern! It's so much fun! I need to learn how to sew! Sally is trying to teach me so we'll see how THAT goes! HaHa! ;) Hope you guys are doing well & staying somewhat warm in Logan!

Mel

.l i c k t e e s. said...

what doctor has well visits that backed up? crazy. i sure hope you lovethe doctor :)

lia looks darling, and kaylee too!