Monday, December 5, 2011

New calling- Young Women's president



 Two weeks ago the bishop called me into his office and both aaron and myself knew i was getting a calling.  But I didn't expect this.  I was totally floored at his request of me to be YW president.  I just thought to myself, "me???"  Quite overwhelming to say the least, but exciting at the same time.  I go from having no calling to such a big calling just like that.  I've enjoyed my time off since we moved, but i can honestly say it's nice to be doing something and serving someone again.

The girls are absolutely wonderful!  I walked in the first sunday and two of them gave me a hug and several said hi and told me there names.  Now there are about 30 girls, so learning new names is going to be a challenge for me, but i'm trying hard to get them down.  We went and did temple square lights last week with the young men and the girls enjoyed that.  We've got to plan our year out, but there are so many wonderful things that we will get to do together.  I'm thrilled to be with them!  I was just going over the personal progress book this morning and remembering back when i did it the first time.  I think this time around will be a whole new experience for me.  Different time in my life and different things to work on and grow from.  Lord, just help me be there for these young women and be a good example to them like my leaders were for me.




1 comment:

BBC said...

you'll be great veronica! YW has always been my favorite!!!