Well, we were at the mall yesterday and we came out and saw that our car was banged up in the back and moved to the side about 2 feet from where we had originally parked. We were like what they heck happened. This lady came up to us and said that she just saw what happened and was giving us the info on the car that did it b/c she thought they drove away.
After she said that she thought they drove away, I was like, ok we're going to have to pay for this ourselves. We're never going to find out who did this. I look up and there was a lady sitting in her car with the door open and I said is that her? The lady confirmed that that was the girl who did it and I walked up to her and asked what happened. I guess she was coming in to fast and swerved to miss hitting the other lady and hit our car and the two cars on either side of us as well. Ours was in the worst shape. I got her insurance info and we got it straightened out. We're leaving town tomorrow, so we'll have to get it fixed when we get back. But they're paying for everything and also providing us with a rental car while it's being fixed. I'll post pics later. The whole bumper will have to be replaced.
I'm just glad she stayed around and didn't drive off. We had her license plate number, but it would've made things a lot more difficult. I'm also glad that no one got hurt. It happened right before we walked out. Things could have been a lot worse.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'm glad everyone is okay. And very glad she stuck around! Good luck getting it fixed.
Oh my goodness, I'm glad everyone is okay. And very glad she stuck around! Good luck getting it fixed.
That sucks! At least you got it all settled and you guys weren't in the car at the time! That would have been bad.
Wow! talk about scary, I'm glad you didn't walk faster that day. Accidents in mall parking lots are the worst- there are all these extra rules I learned about when a guy smashed into my sisters car in a mall parking lot. Glad your safe!
I'm glad you are ok and that they are taking care of your car etc. That is awful. Have a Merry Christmas and travel safely.
glad to hear you weren't in the car or around the car! accidents are the worst. hope you get everything figured out and fixed! what a pain!!
Post a Comment