Monday, April 7, 2008

general conference

This past weekend ended up being so wonderful. General Conference was such an uplifting experience and there were so many wonderful talks that I felt I needed to hear. Being able to sustain President Monson was wonderful and getting to hear him speak was like hearing him for the first time. I love his sense of humor and his warm smile.

One of my favorite talks was at the end of the sunday afternoon session that was on young mothers. Of how wonderful it is to hear that what you are doing makes a difference in your family's life and that what I do as a mother is so important. How blessed I feel to be a mother in zion and to have special spirits sent me and Aaron. It just gave me a renewed sense of self worth and will help me try harder when difficult times arise.

Yesterday my mom started her first round of chemotherapy. She has a brain tumor and has had it since I was 5. She has been such a fighter her whole life and I feel blessed to know her and be her daughter. This is the second round of chemo that she has done. The first kind of chemo she did about 2 years ago and this is a different one now. We're hoping this, along with some other treatments, will work on this stubborn thing that has plagued her body for so long. Today was difficult for her and living so far away is hard for me. I want to be there for her and my dad and help with whatever I can. I'm so glad that my sister Rachel lives there and is able to do what I can't. Thanks Rach, you're the best!

I know the Lord has a plan for each of us and sometimes our personal miracles come only on his time. The power of prayer and fasting has been evident in my family's life and continues to be a strength to us and my mom especially. How comforting it is to know that we are special in God's eye and that he sees each one of us and knows who we are. I take comfort in that and continue to thank him for the time that she has had with us and the years she spent raising us and teaching us what was right. I only hope that I can be half the mother she is to me. Thank you and I love you mom! To my dad, I love you too! Could I ask for a better father?
I conclude that i cannot. Your example and strength in the gospel are unquestionable and for that I am truly blessed.



This picture was taken when Kaylee was born almost 4 years ago. I do these so we can remember and that my children can remember as well.


kit by Addon Cutty girl © Fanette - Mars 2008

http://ledigiscrapdefanette.blogspot.com/

http://www.digital-crea.fr

4 comments:

The Clems said...

Those were really nice words. Thank you. I hope your mom gets feeling better very soon. She will be in our prayers.

Macdonalds said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family, I hope your mom is okay. She is a strong woman. I loved that conference talk too-it was great!

Lacey.costner said...

V- I'm so glad we got to chat the other day, I love you and I think you are a strength to your mother as well. I don't think I could be as strong as you are in this situation. You reflect your mother's goodness and testimony to Kaylee and Bryce. I hope that everything works out with the Lord's will. You know you can always call me when it gets hard and I will listen and cry with you! I love you!

Brown Family said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree 100% about your mom! She such a strong woman! I too feel blessed to have had your mom in YW with me She is such a wonderful example of faith! I love your family and will be keeping them in my prayers.