Wednesday, April 27, 2011

37 weeks (20 days or less to go)

Well, i must be up chasing kids around or my body is just used to this b/c i'm at 4cm and 90% effaced and i'm only 37 weeks.  I think she might be here in the next week!  It's getting closer, i can feel it and that gets me somewhat anxious, especially for the labor part.  This time i've decided to go natural like I did with Bryce, but knowing what's coming is sometimes hard to face.  It will be painful, but i think it will also be fast.  We'll see.  I just absolutely hate, more than the pain, the numb EXTREMELY itchy feeling i get when i have an epidural.  It sucks big time!!  It's like i want to rip my legs off they itch so bad.  I think i will go the pain route this time.

We still haven't decided on a name yet.  Haven't really talked about it much either.  But usually by the time they're born, we've got a few options.  The other day aaron and kids picked out a coming home outfit for her.  This has been the tradition so far.  She will also get a blanket made special by her grandma benson.  I love those blankets.  They are the flannel ones and they're great for swaddling so they sleep nice and tight.  We got down all the baby clothes the other day and i washed them and they're ready to go.  Lia will still sleep in the crib for a little bit and then we'll put her in the bunk beds upstairs with Bryce.  We'll just put the baby in the porta crib next to my bed.  Easy access for when they wake up at night.

8 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

wow! you are ready! i'm so excited for you and can't wait to see this little baby girl. :)

Anna said...

so close, the end is in sight! My legs never itch with an epidural, do you think you may slightly allergic to it or something like that?

Unknown said...

i don't think i'm allergic, but someone said that it might be b/c of the morphine that they put into the epi. She took that out and was fine. But i still think we'll go w/o it. Recovery is so much better and i think it will help her nurse better, which means hopefully no jaundice and lights:(

Amanda said...

Wow! You are so close. I may even be here when you have her. Good luck with everything!

Forsberg's said...

Hooray! So close! I wish we would've talked about birthing earlier, I would have tried to sell you on Hypno-birth. I just love it! Anyway, you'll do so well and the best thing about no epidermal is that once the baby's out you instantly feel like a million bucks!
Good luck- can't wait to hear from you!

Unknown said...

Well, when i went natural with bryce is was good and crazy all at once:) he came in an hour and even though i'd planned on going natural it was still difficult b/c i got stuck in bed. This time around i need to be able to move around.

But i have heard good things about hypno-birthing. That might be the one my sister likes.

Ann-Marie said...

So exciting! Man you are brave!! Your children are beautiful, so I'm excited to see your next baby girl!

Arianne said...

You're almost there! Good luck with everything!!