Tuesday, January 10, 2012

my new love



I just got it in the mail yesterday!!!

Here's how the story goes..  a couple of weeks ago i was putting together these temple pictures as christmas gifts.  I wanted to print them out to an 8x10, so i needed a big enough file to do that and was having a hard time finding one online.  It got me to thinking that if i could take the picture myself, then i could print an even bigger size and put one in my family room.  (i've always wanted a big picture of the salt lake temple, where we got married, but didn't want to pay $300 on up for one).  The camera i have now is a point and shoot and works great, but isn't like this one where you can change the settings and make nice prints.

So i told my step mom, karen, that i was starting to shop around and very interested in one.  The next day she told me her niece was selling the exact same camera that i had looked at and decided that i wanted.  She just bought it last year and upgraded to another canon for her business.  It was perfect.  I was kinda amazed that it just came together like that.  She gave me a great deal and boom, now i have this awesome camera that i want to learn with:)  She sent it off on sat. so i didn't think i'd get it until later this week.  I was pleasantly surprised when it was delivered yesterday and spent the rest of the day playing with it.  It's AWESOME!!!
Here's just a few shots i took.








you can tell who was willing to be my model yesterday:)

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

I love these photos and so pleased Karen passed the word along, I felt like it was the same on my end and meant to be!