Monday, April 20, 2009

Texas visit


This last week I got to go to Texas to visit my granny and also to see my mom's headstone be put in. I flew out on wed. and we got to my granny's house late that night. Thursday was a beautiful day so we headed out to the cemetery where we found the stone already placed. It was designed by my sister Rachel and Karen. That day was just right for going out there too. The next two days it rained cats and dogs. We took some pictures and then headed over to Catfish Village, where we ate the Best fish in Texas! Oh, it was so good. It was one of my mom's favorite places to eat at when we would come down to visit. My papa also loved this place!


Just a funny side note: when we were at the cemetery, my granny looked down at my legs and said, " you are really white." Stephanie bust out laughing and i was somewhat shocked to hear that from her. Doesn't that make me feel just great, hearing that i'm white from an old lady. Well, thank you! (I am white though, so I guess she wasn't lying:)
It was really special for us to go down there together. My sister Rachel couldn't make it, but we felt her there in spirit. My mom was there as well. It was nice to see her name on there and to see how beautiful her headstone was. It's hard to think that next month will be a year, but it has flown by for me atleast. So much has happened and the Lord has blessed me and my family so much. I know he's watching out for us and that my mom is too.
We had such a great time being there with her and my aunt Ceasar. I didn't know when I was going to be able to make it back down there to see her. It was great being there and getting to see the farm again, a place where we spent many summers. When I was younger, we would sometimes go down there for a whole month while my dad was flying. We got to play with cousins and just have a wonderful time.

5 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

what a great trip! and with no kids? lucky girl :)

Macdonalds said...

I'm glad you were able to go. Beautiful headstone. It's those special, spiritual moments that help you move forward.(I know what you mean about white legs, I get it all the time.)

Natalee said...

I'm so glad you posted these pics. What a beautiful post, I couldn't help but tear up to see her beautiful name and read your memories. I was thinking about you all week and could feel of the sacredness of the experience when you came.

Arianne said...

Hey, glad you got to go. Time goes by so fast, doesn't it?

steph said...

thanks for posting the picture of my friend, the double chin!! lame!!hahaha jk