Sunday, March 14, 2010

Las Vegas

This last week Aaron, myself, Brennan and aaron's parents went to Las Vegas to see BYU play basketball.  We had a blast!  I'd never been there before so it was an all new experience for me.  We left thursday morning and drove the 7 hours down there.  We got in and had lunch at Hard Rock cafe and then checked into our hotel.  We stayed at the Excalibur, which was good.  You walk in and smell the smoke, but after a while you get used to it, which is sad to say.  We left the hotel and made our way to the game, where BYU played great and won the first round.
Here is where we stayed:)  Cool looking castle.

The next day we hit the strip and walked forever, just shopping and seeing the sights.  I really enjoyed vegas during the day.  There's lots to see and do and the crazies aren't out yet:)  I loved being able to shop and walk around w/o making sure i knew where the kids were and all of the worries that come with parenting.  It was so nice to be able to get away for a few days.  Aaron's sisters, Rachel, Angie, and Char were so wonderful to watch them over the weekend.  We thank them SOOOOO much!  I know how much energy and time it takes to watch kids and we can't thank them enough for what they did for us.

This was at the M&M store.

Friday, after shopping, we went to lunch up in the Stratosphere.  You're 800 feet up and looking out over the city.  The restaurant was nice and the food was awesome!  We were there for lunch, but I bet dinner would be spectacular, to see all the lights and great view!  We went out to the observation deck, where you can see the rides that are on top. I wanted to go, but didn't want to go alone.  Aaron is not one who can take those rides:)
We also toured Ceasars Palace and a few other hotels on the strip.
Here we are at the Little White Wedding Chapel, that's famous in Vegas.
The last day we were there we got to have a full day to do whatever, since the Cougars lost in the semi-final game:(  It was such a good game, but they couldn't quite pull it off.  We headed off to do some more shopping and sight seeing.  We went over to the Rio hotel and went to the Seafood Buffet.  It was AWESOME!  If you're ever there and want to have some really good seafood, go there.  It was kinda pricey, but well worth it!  They had fresh crab legs and lobster and really good suishi.  I loved it:)  I love me some california rolls.  They also had this dessert bar that was really good.  The thing we all loved was the coconut ice cream.  This stuff was to die for, seriously!

We left sunday morning and made the drive back home.  It was so nice to see my kids again and love them and kiss them.  They were excited to see us too and I just love having them in our family.  It just wouldn't be complete without them.  They are my life.

PS-Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband, Aaron.  His birthday was on thursday, the day we left.  I had a great weekend and hope you did too:)



3 comments:

Natalee said...

Looks like such a fun little get away!! You look really good! Love all the pictures! Happy Birthday to Aaron!

Lacey.costner said...

yay Vegas!!! I still have yet to convince Ryan that it is worth the drive....oh well. I'm glad ya'll had a good time and I'll call you in a bit!

Arianne said...

How fun! Glad you had a chance to get away. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, eh? Sometimes I feel like I should be absent from my kids a little more. Is that bad???? :) You know what I mean, right?