Do it Yourself dryer sheets
All you need is a bottle of fabric softner, water, a spray bottle, and an old wash cloth or scrap piece of material.
It turned out great! You mix the fabric softner and water 50-50 and then spray about 7 times onto the scrap piece of fabric. Try it and see. Even if you buy the dollar store fabric dryer sheets, this has got to be cheaper since you mix it with water. Anyways, just thought i'd share:) I'm going to try out some homemade laundry detergent and see how I like it.





3 comments:
Great idea! I've been looking at different fabric softener ideas for when I run out of dryer sheets. I cut my dryer sheets in half and it has made them last so long!
I make and use homemade laundry soap! We like it! I've done it with just the powder for 6 months and then recently made a batch of the liquid mixture in a 5-gallon bucket. (The liquid is even cheaper than the powder mix.)
Hey Veronica! Yes, I've used the Duggar recipe...it's similar to this recipe: http://bootcampforlousyhousekeepers.blogspot.com/2009/08/blood-soap-and-tears.html
I have experimented with doubling the borax and super washing soda. (The link above mentions possibly increasing them to 3 cups each (while discussing the liquid soap but I just doubled them and it's been nice...it might be working better than the original.)
My next project which has very similar ingredients is going to be this DIY automatic dishwasher soap when we run out of dishwasher soap.: http://bootcampforlousyhousekeepers.blogspot.com
FYI: I love this website http://bootcampforlousyhousekeepers.blogspot.com
I have heard of using sponges or something, but thanks! I just ran out of dryer sheets yesterday1! lol
Post a Comment