Tuesday, June 29, 2010

10 days and counting:)

So, about 3 weeks ago aaron got a call from a friend of a friend.  He wanted to know if aaron would be interested in going to hawaii to do the carpet for the temple on Oahu.  He at first wasn't sure and called me up.  I was surprised to say the least that something so unexpected had happened.  We talked it over and after speaking with his boss, he decided to go:)  He had enough paid vacation time built up to take off the needed 2 weeks, so we decided it was something worth doing.  He will also get paid to do the carpet, so we figured it was a win, win situation.  I of course was going to meet him there and we started making plans.

Aaron leaves the 5th, next monday, to fly out to Oahu and start work there with several other guys.  They'll work all next week and then I fly out on the 10th to meet him there.  We'll spend sunday the 11th going to a ward he served in there (he went to hawaii on his mission) and then monday - wed. i'll be on my own while he finishes up work there.  Then we'll have the weekend to play.  I'm so excited!  Last year we were talking about how we wanted to do hawaii for our 10 year anniversary, which isn't for another 2 years.  I guess we'll go for our 8th:)  I've been looking up tons of places to go and i'm taking aaron back to where we used to live.  And lots of shopping:)  I'm pretty pumped about that:)

My inlaws and my dad and karen are going to be watching the kids for us.  Thanks in advance you guys!  Couldn't do it without you.  Hopefully they will be good for you, but i'm sure they will have their moments.

White Temple Pictures, Images and Photos
temple aaron will be working at.

City Skylines Pictures, Images and Photos
downtown Waikiki, where i'll be staying at.
also got to go to Waiola Shave ice.  Aaron says it's the best

3 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

so fun!! i can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it :)

Christy said...

Lucky you! I'm super excited to hear about the trip. What a wonderful opportunity that will be!

Amanda said...

Sounds wonderful!