Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy 1st b-day!!!

Lia is 1 year old today:)  Can't believe it's come and gone so fast!  My life is whizzing by and soon they'll be old and having their own families.  Gotta enjoy it now, while I can:)  This time last year I was huge and ready to have her.  We had just finished up a great weekend at Aaron's cousin's wedding (Bo and Carly), but I was still 2 weeks until my due date.  I thought she would come early, b/c I was already 4-5 cm. dilated and she did come early:)  That night I started having contractions and knew they were the real thing so we called Troy and Rachel to come stay with the kids while we went to the hospital.  We got there and the dr. broke my water and she was born at 3:24am.

Lia Molly Benson          6lbs. 13oz.        19.5in. long

I take her in for her 1 year dr. apt. on thursday so i'll see how much she weighs then.  I think she's still under 20, but not by much.  We'll see.  I'll post pics tonight or tom. after her party:)

She has been such a good baby.  She was the first of my kids to sleep through the night at such a young age (2 months), but that did not continue for long.  By 8-9 months she would just wake up once at night.  She is such a happy baby and is now starting to go all over the house.  She's cruising the couch and will probably be walking in the next couple of months.  She has the cutest dimples ever (she gets those from Aaron ) and she is starting  to talk more.  Loves being outside and got her olive skin from Grandma Cox.  I put her in the bathtub with bryce, who is white, and they look so different.  Lia's tan and then bryce is white/red from the sun.  it's so funny.

She loves to eat food, but takes milk now too.  We're done nursing during the day, but when she wakes up at night I feed her.  I'm sure as soon as she starts sleeping through the night that will end too.  But i've loved it and had a really good experience this time around.  It seems to get easier with every child and to all of those 1st time moms out there, keep going as long as you can.  Nursing does get better.

I'll post pics later.

2 comments:

The Cahoons! said...

Wow, time has gone by so fast, I can't believe Lia is already one! I'm excited for the birthday pics.

Lacey.costner said...

How do I miss so many of your posts? lol We had such a good time with ya'll and Happy Birthday to Lia! Her dimples are sooo sweet!