Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband and to my great dad!  Yesterday was so much fun.  We made aaron breakfast in bed, which he loved b/c of the "good" sausage, then we got ready for church.  Kaylee sang in sacrament meeting to beloved "when daddy comes home" song.  I love that:)  Then we headed out to newton to surprise aaron's dad at church.  It's so fun being together as family.  We spent the day eating great food and then had a fire at night, which was awesome, except for all the smoke:)  I just love having summer fires out there.  It's a smaller town where you have room and there isn't a house right next door.  The kids loved running around and playing and lately have been playing on this non-stop.

Grandpa surprised the grandkids last week with this fun toy:)  They LOVE it!!!  That's grady (2 1/2 months) and Lia (12 months) in the back.  The were on this thing all day.  Even Lia likes riding around in it.  The last couple of days she's been so whiney.  One of molars is coming in and she's in a little pain.  Just have to keep the tylenol around and oragel.  This weekend we are headed down to cedar city to go to the UTah summer games where the boys play in this basketball tournament.  We've been going down the last 9 years together and aaron even went before we met.  It's a fun weekend where everyone goes and we stay at a hotel and the kids get to swim and then we usually go to a movie (this year will be Toy Story 3, which I'm so excited to see) and then we also go down to st. george to shop.  Good times.


ps-  I just wanted to say a personal THANK YOU to my wonderful dad.  He now lives in utah, but we don't get to see him that often b/c he's traveling.  Dad, i'm so thankful that I had you as a dad, especially growing up.  You worked hard and provided for us as a family and even let us do fun things that I really remember (hawaii, six flags over texas, utah vacations skiing, boating, camping) and many more.  My childhood was very blessed and I only hope that I can give my kids those wonderful memories too.  I love you dad.

pss-  TO AARON- honey, I love you!  You are a great father and husband!  You take care of us and sacrifice so we can do fun things and work hard at what you do.  I married good:)  The last 8 years have been supreme and look forward to more!

1 comment:

Lacey.costner said...

I always get so behind on leaving you comments....ok....so...Happy Birthday Lia!! Looks like she had a great time, I'm super jealous of your awesome bike trailer/jogging stroller, and finally I'm excited to see you this weekend, even if it's only for a few minutes!! Love you!