Sunday, August 22, 2010

1st grade

Getting ready the night before.  Getting her lunched packed and bathed.  She was so excited and I think just a tiny bit scared.  But she loved it!

The first day parents were invited to bring them up and meet the teacher and get them settled in class.  Here she is holding up the bus, b/c she rides the bus home each day.  I didn't think i wanted little kids riding the bus, but last year went great and she really enjoys it.  All of her friends and classmates are on there with her and it drops her off right by our house.
Her and Conner, a boy in her class at school and he's in our church ward.  She came home the first day and loved it!  I was so happy that she was smiling instead of crying.  She really enjoys school and her teacher seems really nice and totally on the ball.

Now this has nothing to do with school, but just thought i'd put up a pic of the soon to be finished bathroom.  This is what it started out looking like.  Craig, aaron's cousin's husband, came over and finished framing it and then the plumber came over and put the tub in and the toilet line and then craig sheet rocked it.  Aaron is now mudding and tapping it and then we'll paint, tile and then do the shower area.  I'm so excited for it to be done and have a second bathroom.  When we first moved in here, it wasn't a problem to just have one.  But now the kids are getting older and we need the second one.  Plus, when we go to sell it, it will be better.   PIcs to come.

2 comments:

Christy said...

What a big girl now! And I know how you feel about only 1 bathroom. Our new house is like that, but we have plans also for another in the basement when we finish it. Lots of fun and super exciting!

Lacey.costner said...

she's growing so fast. Ok, also, I'm way excited for you to have a second bathroom.