Monday, November 24, 2008

new calling

well, yesterday the bishop called us into his office and we both knew it would be for a calling. Aaron just got a calling, so I thought it would be for me. I am now one of the new relief society teachers. I have never had this calling before, so it'll be interesting and i'm sure i'll learn more than anyone else, b/c most callings are for us to grow and learn:) Seriously, this will help me read the lessons more and maybe put daily scripture reading into my life. Lord knows I need it.

5 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

I just had this calling for over a year and I loved it! It was a little intimidating at first because I was used to being in a student ward, but then I loved hearing the experiences of the older women. I think my Sundays were a lot more spiritual than they used to be! Good luck--you'll do great!

BBC said...

veronica! congratulations! this was actually one of my favorite callings! i'm sure you will do awesome!!!!!

The Clems said...

what a great calling. i love teaching in relief society when i get the chance. its a great opportunity to invite the spirit. good luck!

Lacey.costner said...

You will be great V, I Loved teaching R.S. Good luck!!

Brown Family said...

Congrats on your callings. We were also just called in to meet with the Bishop to recieve our callings. I am the second Sunday teacher. Yuck! I speaking in front of people! Good Luck with yours!