Molly Jo Cox, my mom. Born in texas on Feb.12, 1959 and died on May 21, 2008 in Kentucky.
Today marks the first year that my mom has been gone. I can't quite believe that it's been a year since she passed, but it has. This past year has brought on many new changes for our family and I know the Lord has had his hand in every step of our decisions and facets of our lives. I continue to be amazed at how much we are blessed and watched over.I went visiting teaching last night and part of the lesson was on President Monson's talk, where he talked about the world right now and that even though things are happening that might not be good, it is a great time to live. He said that we should be happy and make the most of our lives. We talked about how even though things are still going to go wrong in our lives, that overall, this is a great time to live and that we should be thankful for what we have. I thought about how I could appy that to my life. That even though my mom was taken from my a little earlier than i would have liked (several decades to be exact) I know that there is a plan for me that my Heavenly Father knows inside and out and can see further down the road than I can. I wanted to come to this earth life so bad, that I was willing to take all that was there, including the tragic and also wonderful things. I just want him to know that I'm grateful for what I have and that I know I'll see her again. She's up there busy busy, doing the work that is so important. Love you and miss you mom!
My mom was a dental hygenist, who worked to put my dad through flight school and part of the navy. She decided to give that up to raise her three daughters and boy am I glad she did. She was always there for us when we would get home from school and was constantly involved in what we were doing. Along with many church callings, she also found time to serve those around her and make many friends who love her to this day like famil.
My mom was very outgoing and loved to laugh. She, often times, embarrased me in front of my friends, but my friends loved her! They thought she was the coolest mom and one of kind. I remember one soccer game I had in high school, she got up and headed to the front of the stands. She was a cheerleader in high school and was never affraid to show her spirit. She got the crowd on their feet and cheered us on. I looked over and saw her shouting and doing some moves and wanted to hide under the earth. I was so embarrased, but everyone around me thought she was hillarious and got in the spirit b/c of her. I look back and laugh at that now:)







8 comments:
great post veronica! thanks for sharing your memories of her!
What great memories you have of her!!! Thanks for posting this!
Your mom was an amazing lady! Always so fun to have around!
I miss your mom so very much!! What a neat daughter you are! I love your blog!! Alysa just pointed it out to me so I added a link to mine so I can keep tabs on you!! Congrats on your new little one on the way!!
I don't think I've read a post about your mom without crying. She must be so proud of you.
what a beautiful tribute to your mother. i loved the old pictures too. i also loved that talk from the prophet. he said some amazing things. hope you are doing ok!
I always get teary eyed reading about your mom, but as I am crying I am laughing too, only Molly could do that to you! She was so hilarious and at the same time a wonderful example! She was an awesome lady and so much fun! Glad to see that you are following in her footsteps.
you are so much stronger than i would ever be-especially with all the changes after she passed away. what a wonderful mom you will always have :)
Post a Comment