Tuesday, May 26, 2009

nice weekend

Well, I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. We were able to have sunshine and also a little rain for our garden. Sat. we went over to aaron's house and had a BBQ and then a fire latter on that night. It's become somewhat tradition to have lots of fires during the summer in their backyard. The hot dogs were good and so were the smores:) My favorite now is to use the coconut covered marshmellows on my smores. Makes them soo good:)

Yesterday we had our good friends the Forsbergs, over for breakfast. It's always good to see them and the kids love playing with their two cute kids. After that we headed over to aaron's house where everyone got together and went and played sand volleyball up at the park. I guess they wanted to get their practice in before the July 24 town celebration tournament:)

Now to the part that was my favorite: the tin foil dinners we had, Yummy!!! Now if you don't know what that is, here is how you make them. Get tin foil and then put on it cut up potatoes, carrots, onions and some meat (ground beef or chicken). Then sprinkle some seasoning on there and cover it up with another piece of tin foil and fold in the edges. You can cook them in the oven, but the best results come from cooking them over hot coals. Gives it that good flavor and reminds me of camping:)

In fact, this summer is Aaron's mom's reunion up in Wyoming. They go camping for a week and float the snake river. We'll also go up to Jackson Hole, WY where I've never been before. i'm pretty excited! It's the end of July, so the baby will be about 6 weeks old, so not too bad. So we'll have to take some warm clothes for at night, but during the day it's usually hot. I love camping! It's just fun to get out in nature and have time with family. We bought a 10 man tent a few years ago and love it:) We take our air mattress and it makes it all good. I love cooking while we're camping, b/c the taste of the food is great over the big fire.

Baby update: getting more contractions everyday. Last night was the worst yet. I just could not sleep and felt awful. I have another apt. this thursday, where i'll see if i've progressed. I'm predicting she'll come a little early, maybe the second or third week of june. I'm ready, but thinking about labor pains is giving me some anxiety. I want to go natural agian, but I remember the pain and it's not pleasant:) But I think I can do it. We'll see how that goes. Nothing is for sure when it comes to birth:)

4 comments:

Anna said...

What a fun weekend!!! I love eating "fire" food!! I have lots of braxton hicks and sometimes they hurt, but I've never been able to go into labor on my own so I don't know what to think about them. I have an appointment today and I'm hoping he'll check me.

Lacey.costner said...

aww backyard bonfires, I'm totally jealous! And coconut smore's YUMMY, GENIUS!!! Love y ou!

The Clems said...

david is obsessed with those foil dinners. i think i should just go ahead and make them in the oven! sounds like a fun weekend :)

texaspencers said...

I can't believe you are about to have another tiny :) Good luck, it sounds like you guys are doing well. We're still here in San Antonio...for now anyway ;) See ya,

Aubrey