Friday, May 22, 2009

garden



Well, i've been busy working in the garden the last few weeks. I've been able to add more things to it this last week, since the weather is getting better. I planted some of my tomatoes, peppers, watermelon, beans, squash, zucchini, lettuce, carrots and some herbs. Overall, this year is a learning experience and next year i'll probably do some things differently.

This time next month we'll have peas coming out of our ear! Aaron will probably be the one to pick everything for me:)

Here are the onions. Some i'll use for green onion and some i'll wait till the end of summer to harvest as larger onions. Note to self: use the onion sets only next year (they do so much better than transplants). They look like little onions that are dried.

The lettuce is really starting to grow. I think it'll be really good in a few weeks.

3 comments:

Brown Family said...

I am so jealous! I wanted to have a garden SO bad this year, but the weather and time wouldn't cooperate with me. I guess I will be going to the farmer's market alot this year.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

yay! everything looks so great-and growing! you'll have to give me lots of tips next year when i get a couple grow boxes :)

Unknown said...

This year has been all trial and error, more emphasis on the trial part. Basically, i've planted some stuff by seed and some by transplants and just crossed my fingers hoping they would survive:) You'll do fine. I've heard some really good things about doing the boxes instead of just the ground.