Well, I went to the dr. this afternoon and things are starting to progress. I'm 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced and -2 station. I'm feeling more contraction lately, but nothing painful. When those one's start, is when I know that it's real labor:) We'll have to see how the next couple of weeks go.
My dr. said that he is going out of town June 18, which I'll be 39 1/2 weeks, but I don't think we'll be going that long, atleast not from where i'm starting so far. With Bryce, by 36 weeks I was 3.5-4 cm and he ended up coming 2 weeks later. It's all a guessing game:) I think she'll be here a little early, but we'll just have to wait and see. Aaron and his brother have decided to enter a team into this basketball tournament that takes place the weekend of june 18. I guess if the baby comes early, we'll be going to that down in cedar city, but if not we'll be here.
We're ready for her to come, but still aren't for sure about a name. The only thing we've yet to come up with is Anna, but we'll see. Anna Molly Benson sounds fine to me:) We went and took a tour of the new womens center in the hospital and it is super nice! The rooms are bigger than usual and they even have a VIP room you can request that is twice the size as the other ones. That would be nice! I'll have to leave that up to Aaron to request, seeing as this baby will probably come just as fast as brcye (1 hour). That was a whirlwind if you ask me.
I'm also really looking forward to nursing this time around. With Bryce I was just hoping that we could go longer than i did with Kaylee (8 months), and we did. I learned so much working for WIC being their breastfeeding peer counselor. This time around I think I'll enjoy it more and be more confident in what I know. Plus, I think as i've gotten older, I really want to do this not b/c it's a chore, but b/c it's something only I can do for her. It doesn't last long in comparison to their whole life span and is something I view as really special. We'll see how it goes:)
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
yay!! Your getting close!!! My dr. didn't check me, I wish he had its fun to know where you're at. I love the name Anna Molly it is so cute, and I'm really glad I haven't ruined the name Anna for you. :)
haven't ruined it for me at all:) And I agree, I like knowing where i'm at, even though time can't be predicted. All it really means to me is that i'm not starting from 0 and that means less time in labor:)
I still can't beleive you're having a third kid....weird...anyways, Anna Molly is way cute!! And on the nursing point, I really look up to you for being so committed to breastfeeding for the usual 1 year, I still don't think i can get to six months with the next one, I'll have to see!
You can totally do it Lacey! Sometimes it's just really hard and that's when those lactation specialists come in handy. Even if you're pumping, I've known some woman to pump for over a year. So it can be done. Your kids will someday thank you for it, whether it was a year or just a day. I know I'd thank my mom now if I could.
thanks for your post veronica! i'm so excited for you! also, it was also great to hear about your bf goal. i really want to do it for as long as possible but i know it's going to be tough! thanks for motivating me!
Post a Comment