Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy 7th anniversary Aaron, I love you!!!

This day marks our 7th wedding anniversary! I really can't believe that we're getting closer and closer to 10 year! Time flies when you're having fun. Well, 2 almost 3 kids later, 1 house, 3 cars, 2 universities, 4 places to live later, we are here at this point in our lives. We got married in the SLC temple since that is where my mom and grandma got married and I always wanted to get married there. Family drove down the night before and we stayed at a hotel near the temple. The next morning I was up by 4:30am to get my hair done by aaron's cousin Andrea, thanks girl, and then we were off to get to the temple. We got sealed that day I think around 11am, the details are a little fuzzy unless I go back and look at the card.

But the things I do remember were this:
I was so excited/nervous about it all. Thinking back, it was the best day of my life and one I'm so grateful for. My mom was there with me and she was more emotional than I was. We went into the bridal room and got ready and then I was lead to meet Aaron in the celestial room so we could just sit a few minutes and take in the moment. The sealer came and talked to us and then lead us in the sealing room where all of our families were gathered. It was overwhelming to see them all there smiling and looking at us. The sealer talked for a few minutes and then the best part came where he sealed us for time and all eternity. We were hand in hand staring at one another and I could feel the hot tears rolling down my face. We looked into the infamous mirrors and say on to eternity.

I just want Aaron to know how much I love and appreciate him. I don't think anyone else could put up with me the way he does. We just seem to make up two halves to an incredible team! I couldn't live this life if it were only until death do we part. That would be too painful. But alas, that is not the end. I get to have him forever. That is the best gift of all:)



Our wedding brunch at the joseph smith building by the temple. We picked out the hawaiian buffet and it was the best ever!!! The food was delicious:)

7 comments:

Lacey.costner said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Wow you survived the 7 year itch!! Woohoo!!! I love reflecting on our wedding day, and just how much we have grown! Thanks for sharing with us!! Also, lets get this baby outta there!

Trachel said...

Happy anniversay you two!! Your a great couple and we love you guys hope you have a good one!

Anna said...

Ah, Happy Anniversary Guys!!! What a gorgeous dress you have. I love that last picture.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

happy anniversary! i hope you have a night out or something fun planned-especially since that baby girl should be here soon and then there will be no going out for a little while!

BBC said...

i hope you had a fantastic anniversary!

Kim and Jon said...

wow, 7 years, congrats! hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

Unknown said...

thanks guys! We are actually celebrating tonight. I'll post tomorrow:)