Monday, June 22, 2009

summer games '09

This weekend we headed down to Cedar city, utah for aaron and his brothers to compete in the Utah summer games. It's a pretty big basketball tournament that we've been going to for years. It's a nice get away and the kids love to swim there. Everything went well, except for the fact that I got some type of food poisoning that hit hard on friday morning and lasted till this morning. It sucked!!! The kids had a good time.
I haven't taken that many pictures of Lia. I need to do better. This one I took this morning. She's just over 2 weeks old. She's starting to be awake a little more and she's eating well.

Her two week stats, which we did on day 9, were

6lbs. 13.5oz. (15%)
20 in. (30%)

She's already gained back her birth weight, which is really good, and the jaundice is going away. Yeah:) She is starting to smile, mostly in her sleep, and the kids still love to hold her and try to take care of her. It's so cute to watch, until Bryce starts to poke her in the eye and we have to get him to give her some space:) Just in case you were wondering, this is the little play stroller the kids like to push around:)
These are the peas I picked from our garden this morning:) I'm so excited to cook them up. The kids were snacking on them all morning:) The broccoli is starting to grow and the tomatoes are doing well too. We've had a lot of rain, so I need to get out there and weed! They grow so fast!

5 comments:

Anna said...

your little girl is so cute!!! How is your baby blues? I'm a little more emotional but it will really set in when my mom leaves

Brown Family said...

Sorry to hear you got really sick. I can't imagine being that sick with a newborn. She is so cute, btw. Great looking peas, too!

Lacey.costner said...

Thanks for coming again on Sunday, it was so great to see you!1 Also, I'm jealous of your garden bounty!! I only have one little green tomato on my plant!! lol

.l i c k t e e s. said...

love her and her hair! so cute :)
and i am jealous of all your yummy veggies...but make aaron go out and weed!

Andrea said...

Hey, glad to hear you're doing a little better. Lia is so cute. That picture makes her look so old though... already! I need to come visit her one of these days!!! :)