Thursday, June 11, 2009

jaundice:(



Well, lets just say that it's no fun! I hate having her under the lights b/c we can't hold her except to feed and change her. This makes day 3 and we just have to finish tomorrow and then she'll be done. I'm glad. I need my cuddle time with the child I've carried the last nine months.

We went home from the hospital on monday and everything has been great, except this. Tuesday morning I noticed she was looking more yellow so we took her in to get tested. Her levels had jumped so they sent out a "tanning bed" for Lia to lay in. She's been really good, sleeping most of the time, which I'm truly grateful for. It could be worse, I know. Other than that, we are all doing well. Aaron took the whole week off and that has really been helpful to me. Family and friends have watched the kids and brought meals over to us. Thank you so much! I'm feeling good. This time around it doesn't even feel like I just had a baby. But then I look in the mirror and realize that is not the case:) I'm glad I kept some of my "fat clothes" around, so I won't have to wear my maternity clothes all summer:)

6 comments:

BBC said...

that would be hard to not hold my baby as often as i'd like right after delivery, but at least there's an end in sight! she's so cute!

Lindsey said...

I know exactly how you feel. Brooklyn had to be in the baby "tanning bed" when she was born too, and then we had to have her in one at home for a whole week. It's miserable! I'm glad you are feeling well though.

Anna said...

She is so precious!! Kaylee had to spend a few days on a bili blanket, that was hard. But at least tomorrow is Lia's last day. I'm glad you are feeling good.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

those bili blankets are so much better than the suitcases we had when cole was born! either way, it's still no fun :) i'm glad you'll get to snuggle her soon! she's so cute!!

Arianne said...

Oh no! That's too bad. Poor little Lia...and poor Veronica. Cuddle time just may be the best part of being a Mom. :) I laughed so hard at your looking in the mirror comment! The first time I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror after Rylynn was born I swore it was one of those fun-house fat mirrors. Awful!!! I wish we were still neighbors so we could go on walks together.

Emily said...

She is soooo cute!!!! Adorable! I hope she's done soon with the lights so you can cuddle her! :)