1. Ever since we moved downstairs and put the kids in their own rooms upstairs, i've been wanting to decorate their rooms boy and girl. So I started with Kaylee's room. We got a queen bed to go in her room for when people come to stay with us and so I bought this cute bed set for her. It's full of color and so I really wanted her room to be fun and vibrant. Here's what i've come up with.
2. I also wanted to do a chalkboard/magnet board that i've seen online. Here is what I came up with. I started out with just a big piece of hard plastic. I painted it (5 coats) with magnetic paint and then painted over that with the chalk board paint (pink part).
Here is the recipe for the chalk board paint.
1 cup paint
2 tablespoons powdered tile grout (unsanded).
It made A LOT of paint, so I would suggest cutting it in half. BUt it did work really well. Here is a link you can look at that explains how to do it.
http://craftathome.com/Instructional/chalkboardpaint.html
I know it has a smaller recipe, but I didn't use that one. But it would probably work just fine without the glazing medium.





2 comments:
I'm so excited the chalk board turned out, I will DEFINITELY be doing that for Hailey's room!! So many projects....so little money...
just add that to the list we'll be doing that weekend:) You can totally take home some of the tile powder if you want. it was really easy to do and you can pretty much paint it anywhere, even the wall.
Post a Comment