Sunday, February 28, 2010

skirts-trying to sew some more:)

ok, so many of you have seen these skirts out there and boy are they cute! I tried making one, but the measurements weren't on. So I went looking on the internet to find a tutorial. Well, I found some good ones.

Here are just a few that really helped me do these. Make them for your little girls or for your friend's little girls.

http://www.kukyideas.com/journal/2006/07/tiered-skirt-tutorial.html


Just to make it easier, measure their waist and add 7-10 inches. Then multiply that number by 1.5 to get the second tier and then multiply the second tier number by 1.5 to get the third tier.

That will give you the lengths of each tier and then you decide how long you want the skirt and divide that by three. Or make them different widths.

For example,
Lia was 16 in. waist so i did the top tier at 26 in. Then multiply that by 1.5 to get 24in. for the 2nd tier and then multiply that by 1.5 to get 36 in. for the 3rd tier. Follow her instructions for putting them together. Make sure to add a few inches on each measurement for seam allowances.


To say the least, they are easy to make and really cute! Think of Easter coming up:)

Here are a few other skirt ideas that were cute!
http://www.houseonhillroad.com/photos/twirly_skirt/index.html
http://treyandlucy.blogspot.com/2009/01/15-minute-dress.html
http://threeminutesandarainbow.blogspot.com/2008/05/tiered-twirl-skirt-tutorial.html
http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2009/07/twirly-jean-skirt.html
http://grandrevivaldesign.typepad.com/photos/ruffled_skirts_tutorial/index.html
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-market-skirt.html

1 comment:

The Cahoons! said...

Hi Veronica, those skirts are really cute! I think I need a girl. Lia is getting big so fast too. She's adorable. Love that sweet smile of hers.