Tuesday, April 27, 2010

new foods

I just wanted to share a few new foods that were recommended to me by a friend and I have really liked. 

The first is the Laughing Cow Cheese that comes in these little wedges.  I tried the garlic and herb one ( I think that was the name) and it was sooo good!  I know you can get it at maceys and also at sams.  It's lighter in fat than other cheeses as well:)  I put it on some toast and it was fabulous.  A great little snack.
check out their website here.

Laughing Cow Pictures, Images and Photos

The other thing that I tried was Hummus.  Now, don't get this mixed up with Hagis (that would be a bad switch).  Hummus is
Hummus (a transliteration of the Arabic: حمّص‎; also spelled hamos, houmous, hommos, hommus, hummos or hummous; see romanization of Arabic) is a Levantine Arab[1] dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. It is a popular food throughout the Middle East.

I toasted some flat bread and then dipped it in the hummus and it was really good.  Now I suggest trying a little bit of this before you go out and get a big tub of it.  I liked it, but Aaron didn't really like it that much.  But it's really good for you and something a tad bit different.

hummus Pictures, Images and Photos

5 comments:

Megan said...

I love hummus, especially the roasted red pepper kind. Yum! I may have to get some at the store today!

Unknown said...

megan, i'll have to try the red pepper kind. I just got the original. So good though:)

Sheena said...

We love hummus at our house too! My kids even really like it, especially the roasted red pepper kind. Good to dip carrots in too.

Lacey.costner said...

oh if only you had a Sunflower market close.....they have TONS of flavors of hummus, the garlic is pretty good, but I have to agree the roasted red pepper is my fav as well! Try them with Stacy's Pita chips...DIVINE!!!

Forsberg's said...

I'm such a follower but I also vote for the red pepper!