Friday, June 27, 2008

We are done nursing now

Well, I can't believe I made it this long!!! With Kaylee, I was finishing up school full time and only nursed her till about 8months when she quite. So, with Bryce I was a little hesitant about how long we would last.

He's now 16 months old and we are done. The start of may we were down to about 2x a day and once at night. Since May was such a crazy month we quickly got down to just the night time feeding ( and yes he still wasn't sleeping through the night:). The last few weeks I could tell it was winding down and then this last week we have cut off. I haven't nursed him the last 2 nights and he is now able to sleep through the night on his own.

I've enjoyed it so much and have really been able to control it this time around since I didn't have school all the time. I think it made me snuggle with Bryce more than I did with Kaylee. I used to tell people that I worked with that any amount of nursing is beneficial and all those out there that have done it, know that it is. It's tough, but you know that you're giving your baby the best, even if it is a short amount of time. Keep it up!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey!! So, we are all back in Logan together! I'm so excited. I can't for the kids to be able to play together. I know my girls will love it. So, there is a house for rent for like $750/month. It's by the house we are moving into. It's across from the golf course. We could be neighbors!!

Anna said...

I only got to nurse Mikelle for 6 months then she quit and Kaylee only got it for 4 months before my milk dried up due to meds. I hope I get to nurse my next one for at least a year.

Natalee said...

Veronica is was so so fun to see you!! Thanks for coming down, and it was especially fun to have you there on my b-day. Brought back old memories. Thanks for the super cute necklace too, Love it!!! I'm wearing it right now actually :) Hope to see you guys for sure before we move. Love ya lots

Sarah said...

Congrats on making it to 16 months! It's wonderful to hear about mothers lasting even past 6 months and look at you, even past 12 months! WOW! Great job!!!