Sunday, July 20, 2008

pictures of the house

This is our new home!!! We are going to closing the first week in aug. and we'll repaint and re carpet the first few days and then be able to move our stuff in:) We went over yesterday to measure the carpet to see how much we needed to get. We took the kids for the first time and they also seemed excited to see where they would be living. We're looking to stay here 5-10 years and then move to something bigger. For now this is just perfect for us. Kaylee will go to kindergarten next year and they are currently remodeling the school that she'll be at. The park and the golf course with trails is a few blocks away, which will make summers nice.

After we left the house, we went to look at carpet samples. It was fun picking out things that we liked and this is an area of the house that Aaron is looking forward to doing, b/c it will be ours.

Bryce has had a fever the last day and half, so yesterday we took him into the insta care place and waited 2 1/2 hours to be seen by the dr. for 5 min. I suspected he had an ear infection ( he just had his first 2 months ago) and we were able to get him some medicine and we went home. I swear, things always happen on the weekend! But I just want him to get better and back to his happy, smiling self that is always wanting to go outside:)



This is it!!!! Our HOME:)

This is the view from the side. It has a little shed for storage, but we'll eventually build a garage there. The side yard needs some work, but that will happen eventually too.

This is the view from the kitchen, where it looks to the entrance and the family room upstairs. It's a split entry, which we had in spokane and I don't like that much, but will do for now. Lots of great natural light. The bedrooms are then down the hall to the left of this picture. There are two upstairs and then one downstairs that is done. I think for now we'll all just be upstairs and then later we can rearrange.


Upstairs bathroom- we are going to redo the flooring and later do tile in the shower area.


Kitchen- We are replacing the floor with either laminate or tile and then I'd like to maybe get an island for more storage and counter space. We'll see, but overall i'm happy with the kitchen. It's got good space and since i'm in there a lot:), it has to be open.


The backyard is totally fenced in, which I like so that the kids can play without running in to street (cal de sac I should say). The grass needs some work, but there is also plenty of room for a garden for next summer:) I used to hate helping out with the garden when I was growing up, but now I can see why my parents did it. It helps with food costs and is part of the home ownershsip experience.

10 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

Congrat on finding a house! I hope everything works out the way you want it. I know all about repainting and fixing up--it is really fun at first, but then can be so annoying and you just want it to be done. The backyard looks great for kids and it looks like the church is practically in your backyard too! Good luck with everything!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

cute house! your kitchen looks so big and the yard looks awesome! how lucky to be fully fenced in already. we are only like half-fenced and our driveway is really really long so there is lots of fence to add...such an expense! is the house in logan?

Forsberg's said...

It's so cute! We're excited for you and are excited to see it. We'll see you this weekend!

Mel said...

Vern... I love it!! How exciting! It sounds you guys have a lot of fun plans to chang stuff! That is awesome! Congrats!! It looks like it will be perfect for you guys and you're close to Andrea and Craig I hear!! That will be fun! Keep posting pictures as the projects get under way!! Love you guys!!

Mel

P.S. This is SO random I know but you mentioned you wanted to get an island in your kitchen and I was just going to tell you that we have a rolling island in our kitchen and I LOVE it!! If we need more space for a big table or what not we just roll it against the wall! It is SO nice! I highly recommend it! :) (I feel like an OLD lady talking about "islands" HaHa!)

SERAPH said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the new house!!!! It is ADORABLE! I can't wait for the day where we're able to get a "real" house instead of a condo. We'll have to come up there and see it once you guys have gotton movied in, etc.

Love you!

Lacey.costner said...

Wow, White picket fence and everything!! I was expecting like a circa 70's look since it is older, but it is totally updated and fabulous!! WE are ecstatic for you and can not WAIT to see the finished product!! Love you!!

Rachel and Matt Huss said...

great find G! looks like you're gonna have tons of fun remodeling and fixing things just the way you like them. i'm glad too that you're gonna have a huge kitchen ... that makes all the difference! love ya tons!

The Clems said...

Congrats Benson's!

Ashlee said...

I bet it feels so good to finally have your own home (soon). I like it. It reminds me alot of my sister's house. It looks nice. Congrats!! ANd good luck on the remodeling that will keep you really busy for a while.

Kim and Jon said...

congrats on the house, looks like a great home!