Thursday, July 17, 2008

trying to close on this house

Well, the last 2 weeks Aaron and I have been house hunting and we found something! WE went to see it last week with our realtor and decided that we would put an offer in on it. That was on friday. By sat. they had come back with a counter offer that we then countered and sent over monday. Yesterday they were getting the title ready and making sure that there were no leans on it so that we can take it over free and clear.

Today we sent off what is supposed to be the agreement so that we can close by the end of july! When we got the seller's first response to our offer, we found out that he is about to loose it to foreclosure and can't make his next month's payment. That's why he insisted on closing the end of july. Needless to say, it's been an interesting experience and has taught us a lot. Our loan officer is pushing our loan through so we can close by the end of the month, but right after we get it we need to replace the carpet and paint.

It's a nice starter home for us with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom finished. The basement has another family room, bedroom and bathroom that need to be finished. We are also going to build on a garage in the next few years. Since the guy was about to foreclose on it, we got it at a really good deal and hopefully with finishing the basement and building a garage, we might be able to make something off it. We'll see. We're thinking that we'll be in the house around 7 years and then maybe move. Like I said, a good starter home. It was built in 2002 and we are the second owners. The backyard is fenced in and the neighborhood seems nice. It's right by a big park, the aquatic center and they are building a new walmart a few miles away. So, pretty close to things and should be a good place to raise our kids over the next couple of years:)

I'll post pics later.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Vern- where exactly is this house?!? Grandma said it's close to the golf course. It just sounds a lot like the one that is kiddie corner from ours. Send me an email and let me know for sure. We might be neighbors!! That would be so great for the kids to play. The girls have been asking non stop about going to play with thier 'other cousins'. THey are referring to Kaylee and Matt's boys!!

The Clems said...

That is so exciting! You guys are going to feel amazing when you get your keys! I hope it all works out for you!

SERAPH said...

Congrats on the house! That is SO exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of the new place. We need to get together sometime really soon. (I haven't met your adorable kids yet).

Sarah said...

Congrats on finding a house! Glad you got a great deal on it! Can't wait to see pics as you get settled in and fix it up! Take lots of befores and afters!

Anna said...

That is so fun!! I can't wait to see pictures.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

how exciting!! i can't wait to see some pictures of it and how great that you will live close to a park! we just got a house too-it just went under contract and we will close the middle of august! house hunting sucked...but the house getting is awesome! i am so happy for you!

Lacey.costner said...

Veronica, wow, I have to say, I'm quite jealous!! You guys totally deserve this and I'm so happy you found a house that works for you!! We can't wait to come up and stay!! Or help you paint, whatever! We love you!

Kim and Jon said...

congrats on finding a house. We went up to logan the other day ( i hadn't been there before) it was so nice...and green. I couldn't believe we were still in utah!

Macdonalds said...

That is awesome! I hope it all works out smoothly for you. Good luck! I'm hoping when Andy's business slows down a little in the Fall we will have time to find something.