I loved the wedding and the island parts were well written, gotta say. She handled all the intimate scenes with dignity and class and it was so lovely to read.
Things I was totally shocked to find out:
1. That Bella could get pregnant.- I never thought that could happen and I was so happy when that aspect of the book worked out. I know that was always an issue to some that she couldn't have kids and live out a normal life and look, she got it all!
2. I was completely shocked when I found out that jacob had imprinted on Renesmee.- It never even popped into my mind that that would happen and at first I was a little taken back by it, but after a while I was really glad that that linked Bella and Jacob. I always wanted them to be friends and be able to have a good relationship and also allow Bella to love Edward 100%.
I loved how Bella's talent was so well written and explored by Meyer. That was the one part in book three that I was anxious to read about if she was transformed into a vampire. I always wanted Bella to become a vampire. I just saw her and Edward together forever and that couldn't happen if she wasn't changed. I was all to happy when I knew that that was going to happen.
As far as her gift is concerned. It makes total since and I love how it just fits perfectly to all that has ever been written about Bella. I thought that somehow she would be the key in the end, but I was surprised to see that everyone had lived. I thought for sure they would fight and someone would die.
As I got to the very end, I wanted to cry b/c it was such a great ending. Fairy tale almost in the since that everyone lives happily ever after. I love when stories and movies end like this. It just seems so compete to me and I think in a way it allows me to escape the bad things that sometimes happen in this life and retreat to something that i know will end right.
I truly loved the end when Bella let Edward see her memories and into her mind. I would jump at the chance to see inside Aaron's mind sometimes, especially when he is thinking of something good or remembering wonderful things. What a gift for Edward to see that. It just was so touching and such a great way to end the book. I'm not left feeling down that it is the end, but truly feeling satisfied with the story and the chance to go back and reread over and over again:)
Hope you all liked it. Give me shout out if you want to talk about it.








5 comments:
I just finished reading it too. I'm not a violent person, but I was a little disappointed that some action didn't actually happen at the end. It was all this big hype and then everyone just left. Not that I wanted anyone to die, but give me something!
Love that you went to the release party--you're a true fan!
i loved the book too! i loved that she really got it all! i couldn't have asked for anything more from the series! but i must say that i'm sad that the story has ended.... i wish there was more i could keep reading!
good thing you put spoiler alert on your post b/c sometimes ppl don't do that for movies and i hate being told the end of things. i'm so surprised you read the book in 3-4 days! i didn't know you were a speed reader. for some reason i can never get into the books that come in series that are popular. i always choose to read something else like How to Really Know yourself through your Handwriting, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, Sew U, etc. i'm just a little weird like that. btw, i loved the t-shirt idea! what fun!
read my blog about it! :)
I don't know, I liked it but I didn't LOVE it. I felt like she dwelt on the sex topic a bit too much.....it worried me that all these teenaged girls are reading this book and maybe are now thinking that they want to experience that with their boyfriends. I just hope that all of their mothers know what they are reading and have good long talks with them. :)
That aside, like someone else said, I thought it was very anti-climactic when the volturi came. I also didn't believe for one second that Alice had deserted them and thought it was dumb that all the characters did think that. I hated the fact that Jacob imprinted on Renesme (I also think that is the dumbest name ever) and I didn't feel like Bella was really acting like a Mother....I don't know. A lot of things just bothered me. Everything was just too sugary-sweet for me. It was T'OO perfect. I don't know, a story has to have some sadness in it to ring true for me. I was thinking that Jacob should have died saving Bella. :) Call me crazy.
Post a Comment