Let me just say that we are finally in and starting to get unpacked, which isn't the funnest thing to do. We painted and aaron got the carpet in and now we just have to do the kitchen and bathroom and paint those rooms. Lots to do:)
Kaylee and Bryce have loved playing outside and just this morning we went running on this trail by our house that follows the river and golf course. It was so nice and the trees shaded the trial. I loved it! I think we'll try to do as much as we can until it gets too cold. The nights have started to get colder up here and fall is coming. I love fall when you can wear your favorite jeans and sweatshirt and be comfy.
We wanted to go camping before the season ended, but we just don't have time. Next week we're going up to bear lake to spend the weekend up there with my dad and his family having a reunion. It sounds like great fun. We're staying in this cabin up there and I want to go get a shake up there. Aaron is always talking about this one place up there that they used to go and get burgers and shakes and now I get to try one of these famous goodies.
On a sadder note: my dad called the other day and started off just chatting ,but then he said that Snoopy, our faithful dog, had died. We got him when i was 12 years old at my first road show for young womens. He was the runt of the litter and we loved him. He was a black and white lab/german shepherd, which was why we named him snoopy. More than anyone, he has been loved by my dad and they have taken care of each other. It's sad to see him go, but realize that he's not in any pain anymore. 14 years is a long time for a dog to live. I'm just glad he's been there for my dad the last 3 months.
Next week will be 3 months that mom has been gone. I tried calling her cell phone last week and realized that my dad disconnected the number. I went ahead and deleted her number from my phone and it was like she was gone all over again. Never to see that number flash on my caller id again and hear her voice. Now that i've got my computer up and running I've been going through lots of pictures of her and also trying to find videos so that I can hear her voice. I feel her close at times and sometimes, when I have a minute to think, I can remember lots of things that help me remember her.
I told Kaylee that snoopy had passed away and gone to heaven and she said, "like grandma?" WE talked about how we'll get to see them again and how they live with heavenly father now. So important to teach your children about the plan of salvation and to help them understand death. So grateful I have the truth in my life. It gives me something to hold on to.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
veronica,
what a great post. isn't funny how little things like that sometimes hit us so strongly. the same thing always happens with me too with the people that i love that have passed away. but just like you, there are many times that i feel their spirit so so close to me... it is so comforting to know that families are eternal and that we will see them again... i love you guys!
b
I can't imagine how hard the realization can hit. As you said, what a blessing to know and understand the plan of salvation.
Aww, your post got me all teary-eyed. I know you had talked about that very thing happening, and I guess it finally did. I'm sure your mom looks over you all the time. Thats so nice that Kaylee understands the plan of salvation even if it is in the smallest degree.
Also, so excited to see your house and I'm excited for your reunion!! WOOHOO!!
So sorry to hear about Snoopy. Actually, my family's dog just died on Friday, too. We had her for about 13 years. I never wanted to tell you, but her name was Kailey. haha. (we actually named her Mikaila after Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman - my mom and I really liked that show at the time - dumb name for a dog, I know)
I pray that you and your Dad and sisters continue to be comforted. I just hurt for you when I read about you deleting her number from your phone. I wish there was something I could say or do that would help. I'm glad that you have so much Faith.
I hadn't heard about your mom until now. I'm so sorry for you. Tyler lost his dad a few years ago, and times like that still hit every now and then when you almost forget that they're not here with us. sometimes there's just nothing anyone can say to make anything better, but I do know that she's there watching out for you and your family. I hope you're doing okay. let me know if there's ever anything I can do.
Post a Comment