Monday, December 29, 2008

christmas in a snow storm


We had so much fun this christmas. Both Kaylee and Bryce were excited about Santa and have been counting down the days till Christmas. We went over to Aaron's parent's house for christmas eve and made cookies and just had a good time. The kids finally got into bed and I helped wrap presents and get things ready until 2am, then I had to go to bed. The kids woke up christmas morning and it was so fun to see their eyes light up with excitement at what they had got. My camera battery was dead, go figure, so I didn't get all the shots I wanted, but here is Bryce on his new LOVE! He had so much fun on this thing and wouldn't get off it:)
Aaron's dad suprised everyone with a present for the whole family... a 4 Wheeler!! Everyone was so excited and since it snowed about a foot and a half on christmas day, we were able to use it the next day and the next. We got snowed in at his house and stayed the whole weekend. The kids loved getting to play with everyone and their new toys and the boys loved playing with the new family toy as well:)

One of my favorite traditions that we kind of started a few years ago, is going around the family and letting everyone say what they're thankful for and somewhat bearing their testimony. We read Luke 2 christmas morning and then went around the circle. It was such a spiritual experience for me to hear everyone's testimonies and then to bear mine. It's been a while since I've done that and I need to be more grateful to my Heavenly Father for what i've been given. This year alone has brought on many challenges, but with hard times also comes a great outpouring of love from our Savior. Without this love, I couldn't go on. I'm grateful to have such a wonderful husband and family, without them what is life about?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year to everyone!

5 comments:

The Clems said...

looks like you guys got the horse after all. thats so much fun. glad you had a great christmas!

Natalee said...

Yeaaa a new post!!! I'm one to talk huh :) I'm in love with Bryce! I'm so glad you had a Great Christmas. Love ya!

Natalee said...

PS. I wish we were coming to Utah this Year. Maybe this summer we can see your cute house. talk to ya soon!

Heather Whitehead said...

I'm glad you guys had a good christmas! I still can't believe how much snow you got in Utah, we don't have any but it's still VERY cold.
Happy new Year:)

Arianne said...

That picture of Bryce is SO dang cute. Sounds like you guys had a really great Christmas.