Friday, February 13, 2009

my eight year streak is over



Well, yesterday I went down to layton to meet up with my sister Stephanie. We had dinner at Tepanyaki, which was extremely good, for my mom's b-day. She always loved places like that and had a good time when we would go. The guy cooked in front of us and really put on a show with his mad knife flipping skills. The food was to die for and we also ordered California rolls in memory of my mom. I love them!!!
Now, on to the title of my post. Well, on my way down I guess I was in a bit of a hurry. I was going through the canyon and slowed down to go through this small town where this cop is always sitting. I didn't see him and proceeded on my way. Well about 15 sec. later I see the cop lights and that dreadful feeling came over me. The guy in front of me was going just as fast and I hoped that it was him instead of me. Well, nope it was me. The cop was nice, but sadly gave me a ticket anyways:) So much for the last 8 years, with nothing. He did say though that I could do some type of program that doesn't put it on your insurance. I'll do that for sure, but still have to pay the ticket. Although it was crappy getting pulled over I didn't let it ruin the night and we still had a good time.Here's Kaylee going to preschool for her valentine's party. She had such a good time passing out her valentines and getting cards too:)


Here we are making cookies to celebrate my mom's b-day.

3 comments:

Arianne said...

Hey! Glad you had a good time with your sister celebrating your Mom's b-day. I'm sure it was hard day for you guys. And sorry about the ticket! That stinks.

by the way...Cami loved the valentine Kaylee sent. That was really sweet -thanks! Sorry we didn't sent one back. We'll have to send something soon.

Natalee said...

Thanks for sharing these post, so many emotions came to surface seeing these pictures and remembering her. She truly was/is so Wonderful! love you guys so much. Thanks for being the amazing people you are.

Lacey.costner said...

aww V, I have oh so many speeding tickets!! Alas, Traffic school isn't that bad. I'm glad you were able to celebrate your mom's birthday, and able to do it with family. we love you!