Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, my mother's day started out so nice!  I woke up early, which can't really be helped, jumped in the shower b/c we have 9:00am church and then snuck back downstairs so the kids could bring me breakfast in bed:)  It was yummy!!!  Aaron is really good at making breakfast and this one time of the year I get it in bed:)  The kids were so excited to bring it down to me and then eat with me.  They were happy and just to see the smiles on their faces is priceless.  We got ready for church and headed off.

After our sacrament we headed over to Aaron's parents ward to surprise his mom for mothers day.  She was happy to see us there and it was nice to go to church with family.  Afterwards we went back home and started getting dinner ready.  I know the women aren't supposed to cook on mother's day, but let's face it, it's better when we do:)  We got most of it ready and then the men BBQ the chicken and hamburgers.  They are always so good at that!!!  The chicken tasted amazing!  We handed out presents and also got to talk to Jordan, aaron's younger brother who's on a mission in Spain right now.  He sounded so good and will be home next feb!!!!  We're excited for him to be back, but right now he's working hard:)  Love you Jordie!!!

This was the present I made for Aaron's mom.  It has all 5 grandchildren on there.  I got the idea to use the 2x4 blocks from this website and you should check it out too!  There's lots of great ideas on here.  Charlene got me this awesome, chunky candlestick holder and candle to go with it.  Thank you:)  Love it.  I'll have to post pics of it when I'm done decorating with it.  Rachel also got me this cute purple scarf, that's so soft and char got me a gift card to Maurices, which I will definitely use after I loose some of this baby weight:)  Thanks you guys!!   Love you:)

5 comments:

rachel huss said...

i love the SERVING PLATTER your brkfst is on ... that's awesome! and yard sale finds are the best ... if they won't part with it for next to nothing i walk away. for heaven sakes it's a SALE not a STORE. you're getting rid of things not selling them on ebay for profit. hahaha

Unknown said...

yeah, I was pretty happy about that find:) Now I just need to find a bed frame for kaylee's queen bed. Then I can add the door i'm going to use as the headboard. Can't wait to totally finish her room, curtains too:)

Lacey.costner said...

that turned out so cute V, what a great idea! My mom has way too many now to make that, but it would totally work for Therese! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Macdonalds said...

Your kids are growing up so fast! You are looking good! Very cute idea!

Shelly Traveller said...

Cute pictures! I love that mother's day gift, I hadn't heard that saying, I might have to use it!