Sunday, September 7, 2008

birthday weekend-part 1- the getaway

Well, back in april when we came up for my sister's graduation, I went to the scrapbook fair and signed up to go hear this company talk about time shares. They were offering a free night stay at this bed and breakfast, so I figured it would be a nice getaway for me and aaron. We went to the timeshare thing with our good friends the Costners and got out of there before we were tempted to sign the deal.

So... four months later here we are and we set up the weekend to go. This summer has been so crazy that we just didn't get around to a free weekend until now, my birthday weekend:) We headed up to the place up in ogden canyon called the Alaskan Inn. It was in the mountains and had a river running behind it and a great outdoor feel to it. The room we got was the Goose and Gander room, which was alright, but didn't have a shower just the hot tub, which was nice. We had a nice time without the kids while they stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They love being with them.

The next day we went to see The Dark Knight. Now, everyone I have heard has raved about this movie and loved it beyond all others. Well, I gotta say that I only thought it was alright. I'm not a fan of lots of violence and this movie seemed to have plenty of it including the sick and twisted mind of the joker. To say the least, I will not be buying this movie. But hey, everyone has their own opinions, right?





3 comments:

Lacey.costner said...

ooh la la!! I'm glad ya'll had a good time, and how funny that we saw the same movie while we stayed at the Alaskan Inn...lol Love you!!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

i'm glad you got a little get-a-way for your birthday, even if the room didn't have a shower! cute pictures :)

Arianne said...

Happy late Birthday Veronica! Hope you had fun. You didn't like Batman, huh? It was pretty disturbing but I thought Heath Ledger did an amazing job as the joker. He made a very good psychopath. Scary! Hope you guys are doing well.