Dressing
2 tomatillos
1 buttermilk ranch dressing packet (follow pkg. Recipe)
½ bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
1 lime juiced
1 jalapeño (½ seeded can work)
Use the food processor or blender to blend all ingredients.
*** This recipe makes a ton of food so either half it or serve a huge crowd!!! Choose one meat, either chicken or pork. Meat, rice, and dressing can be used for burritos, tacos or taco salad. It is great is as a salad buffet style with homemade salsa, guacamole, cheese, black beans, and either chips or tortillas.
Café Rio Pork
(*See side dish & salad for rice and dressing)
By Anna Moon
5-6 lb. Pork Roast (I've used 4 lbs too)
1 Tbsp. cumin
1 c. brown sugar
20 oz. bottle coke
12 oz. Red Taco Sauce (Salsa works too. This is the part that adds spice - so cater it to what your family likes.)
Place roast in crockpot and cover half way up with water. Cook roast in crockpot on low for 12 hours (Yeah right. I did it on high for 3 hours - or until the meat was cooked through - cutting the meat up helped) . Save liquid from roast in separate bowl*(I just threw it down the drain, but follow the asterisk to see what you are supposed to do). Add remaining ingredients to roast and cook for an additional 4 hours (I only did it for 2 hours once on high when I was short on time) . Take out roast and shred. Put back in sauce and cook for an additional 2 hours (Or until it tastes good – might take longer if the meat isn’t as tender as you’d like yet!).
*Strain the fat from the liquid (place in fridge for a little while). Thicken with cornstarch and then add a can of Chili Verde Enchilada Sauce to liquid. This sauce can then be placed over burrito (I've never tried this) .
Café Rio Chicken
(*See side dish & salad for rice and dressing)
By Anna Moon
1 small bottle Kraft Zesty Italian
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. cumin
3 cloves minced garlic
5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
Roast all ingredients in crockpot on low for 4 hours. Shred chicken, roast an additional 1 hour.
Directions:
Lime Rice and Black Bean Salad
4 c. cooked rice
1 T. lime juice
2 c. diced fresh tomato
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
1/2 c. sliced green onion
1 1/2 T. chopped, fresh cilantro
1 1/2 t. chili pwd.
1 1/2 t. ground cumin
Combine rice and lime juice in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, beans, chiles, green onion, cilandtro, chili pwd, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper.





2 comments:
Looks like you had a nice Christmas with lots of snow! Oh, and congrats on the baby coming, I guess I didn't know. How exciting! And thank's for the cafe rio recipe's, it's been a long time since I had that (back in the ol' college days!)
Oh man, I'm so excited to try this! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment