Saturday, March 21, 2009

Field trip to Arctic Circle


This last week Kaylee went on a field trip with her preschool. Her teacher decided to take them to arctic circle, a local hamburger joint here, to show them how things were made and to start the letter A next week.

Here are the girls at the restaurant. They really enjoyed the free ice cream that they gave them.

Here is one of Kaylee's best friends, Zane. She comes home talking about him every time she goes to preschool. They seem to be good buddies.
The kids were able to go inside the freezer and they were rushing through, trying to get out of the cold.

On a side note: We registered Kaylee for Kindergarten last week. They did a few games/tests while we were there to see how she's doing on her letters and numbers and she did really well. She'll be starting school in aug. She's pretty excited/nervous about it, but I think when the time comes she'll love it.

Garden side note: my broccoli that I started inside last week has sprouted and today I bought my onion sets. The people said I could go ahead and plant things outside now!!! I'm really excited to see how it goes. I think we'll till up the area next weekend and get the seeds started:) Spring plants that we're doing are: broccoli, peas, carrots, and onions. Everything else will be planted the end of may.

1 comment:

The Clems said...

im excited to see how your garden grows...good luck!