Monday, March 9, 2009

gardening

Well, after we bought our house I decided that I wanted to try out gardening this summer to see what we could get. I've never done this before myself, so if any of you out there are pros, feel free to leave me some suggestions:)

I want to plant tomatoes, summer squash, bush beans, cucumbers, carrots, onions, watermelon and try out some raspberries/strawberries. I plan on getting the tomatoes already started from the store and getting the onions in sets. I'm hoping by May we can get the seeds planted and going. I feel like i'm keeping it within my range and not overdoing things, but I really want this to work. It would for sure save on groceries this summer if we can get even a little to produce.

Here are some good websites I've found that are great resources if you're interested.

http://www.weekendgardener.net/blog.htm
http://www.mysquarefootgarden.net/

If any of you know good places to buy seed or compost, please let me know.
watermelon Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

i want a garden, too. although i won't be trying to grow as many things as you :) thanks for the websites!